Welcome


Welcome to my A2 media coursework blog, my name is Chrystal Li (0470) and I will be working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Juliette Wileman (0875) and Brandon Poonwasie (0660).

On the right-hand side of my blog, there are labels which you can use to navigate yourself around my blog.


Thank you


Here is a live link to our group facebook page.

Website

Group 3 Music Video

Album Digipak

Album Digipak
Album Digipak (Top Left: Back Cover, Top Right: Front Cover, Bottom Left: Inside Left, Bottom Right: Inside Right)

Thursday 17 July 2014

1. Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

I enjoyed the whole workshop day, it allowed me to be in the field of work when a professional music video is made. The whole atmosphere or the set was different and the crew was very helpful with us, especially since we were just amateur actors.

Bike scene from lighting desk
One of my favourite bits was just watching the magic happen. From behind the camera, we were able to see everything on playback on the big screen. The whole set looked magnificent and so professional. Since I had never ever been on a music video set before, I have never experienced this before. While I was sitting at the back, I was able to see the crew and the actors in action, even the runners who had their small jobs of making tea and coffee for the crew and running small errands. Everything I saw was what was needed to make a good music video.                                                                            
Even a miscellaneous shot need a lot of attention
Bike scene on playback










My favourite spot on set would probably be up on the lighting desk area. From there I was able to overview everything, they even had cameras which were rotatable and I was able to watch everything from different angles. Also I learnt how to control the cameras from the top as well as the TV screens on the side. I never knew that we were able to have a lighting set for one specific scene and save it so we could go back to it later. Technology really is amazing!

View from lighting desk

Since everyone's scenes were at different times, when the cast was free, we would just help out around the set. To help us keep track of what scenes we were on and what scenes we had done, I ticked off which scenes we had done on the shoot board for people to see. There were other jobs that people helped out with as well, including holding the clapperboard, helping block the shots and many more.










No comments:

Post a Comment