Welcome


Welcome to my A2 media coursework blog, my name is Chrystal Li (0470) and I will be working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Juliette Wileman (0875) and Brandon Poonwasie (0660).

On the right-hand side of my blog, there are labels which you can use to navigate yourself around my blog.


Thank you


Here is a live link to our group facebook page.

Website

Group 3 Music Video

Album Digipak

Album Digipak
Album Digipak (Top Left: Back Cover, Top Right: Front Cover, Bottom Left: Inside Left, Bottom Right: Inside Right)

Monday 14 July 2014

4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

Now that I've had an insight into how a music video shoot is set up and shot, i am able to use it as a template for next term's video coursework. Also now that I've been in front of the camera, i wont be as opposed to performing next year in my own music video, since it would be much easier acting in my own music video without having to rely on other people outside of media who have not much knowledge of what to do.

I would be able use my new skill, lip syncing in good use next term and by having the music playing in the background, it would allow easier editing in sync.

Clip from my edit

I've also realised how much effort is needed for organising the shoot especially with the props that are needed for the scenes to look good. For example:

Poolside set up(beach chairs, barbecue etc)
Bike set up(bike, zebra crossing, bus stop sign)
Sausage shaped letters
Since the props are a big part of the music video, we would have to plan that early ahead. This also includes the costumes for the actors, since i had a problem with my costume, i've learnt that if we plan ahead then if anything goes wrong, it can be altered to still work.

As for the editing, we would be allowed to have more creative decisions that could be made and we wouldn't need to stick to a template, which may be hard to begin with but once we've made our storyboard, it would be easy to edit to. I would be able to use the grading and general editing skills that i have improved on for this prelim edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment