Welcome


Welcome to my A2 media coursework blog, my name is Chrystal Li (0470) and I will be working in Group 3 along with Audrey King Lassman (0397), Juliette Wileman (0875) and Brandon Poonwasie (0660).

On the right-hand side of my blog, there are labels which you can use to navigate yourself around my blog.


Thank you


Here is a live link to our group facebook page.

Website

Group 3 Music Video

Album Digipak

Album Digipak
Album Digipak (Top Left: Back Cover, Top Right: Front Cover, Bottom Left: Inside Left, Bottom Right: Inside Right)

Tuesday 15 July 2014

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?

Overall i was quite happy with our footage. Even though there were scenes we were not able to replicate accurately, it still turned out to be fairly good looking. For example, the bike scene, in the actual music video, it's a car but we had to use a bike instead since a car would not fit in our studio. We were still able to work round it for it to still tell the rough narrative of the music video.

Bike crash scene

Boot girl on bike
Boot girl on bike








The part i was quite pleased with was the guitar shots, it was satisfying watching over my edit and seeing the nicely graded shots which were perfectly matched to the music.


I genuinely preferred the white scenes over the others scenes since i was able to grade them nicely, although i had to make them slightly more blue to counter Kayvon's over-exaggerated orange skin tone. Though it was hard for me to get rid of the dark edges.


Overall i think i did reasonably well for my edit but if i had more time, i would have been able to make it better. For example for the yellow scenes of Kayvon, the background is slightly green on the left because i was trying to even out his skin tone. And with the white scenes above, I was not able to get rid of the dark edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment